Applications are now closed.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, hardworking teams of two to participate in Australia’s biggest renovating challenge.
Guidelines and requirements
- Couples must be aged between 18-65, energetic and with a sense of humour.
- First round couples will be reduced to final participants in the first week of filming.
- Successful couples must be available for a 10-12 week shoot period from Mid January until April 2018. Exact dates to be confirmed closer to filming.
- Location of The Block is to be confirmed.
- You will NOT be able to work during the shoot period.
- Previous home renovation experience is an asset, but not required from both partners.
- Long term couples, family teams and enduring friendships need only apply.
- Submissions accepted from Australia wide.
- Successful participants will be paid a nominal weekly fee during filming of The Block to cover basic living costs and expenses.
- You must complete all elements of the application, including providing photos and video, or your application will not be reviewed.
- Applications can only be made online. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted or processed.
- Lucky Break Creative will carefully review applications for consideration of inclusion in The Block. Shortlisted applicants will start to be contacted by the end November, 2017.
- Due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be notified.
- Follow Lucky Break Creative on Facebook for any updates or announcements.
Hotmail, Live and Outlook.com users: To ensure you receive system notification emails, please consider using a different email provider to register (there are many free accounts that can be quickly set up - gmail, etc).